Also, dont they get a say in whether they want to take it or not? I get into detail here https://livdevine.substack.com/p/a-court-of-manipulation-delusion. p. 666: Scratch that, this isnt the Hunger Games, but The Hunger Games heavily sexualized, without anyone feeling any horror at the killings. 2,770 likes, 23 comments - Activereading (@activereading) on Instagram on October 31, 2020: "The Archeron sisters from A Court of Thorns and Roses (Right: Nesta , Middle: Feyre , Left: Elain." Activereading on Instagram: "The Archeron sisters from A Court of Thorns and Roses (Right: Nesta , Middle: Feyre , Left: Elain) [ artist: @uurtemis ] I . p. 626: Again, this is pretty epic, but how did they manage this that quickly? And its so sad how terrible Nesta feels about this. p. 634: Its already spring? p. 406: I actually really like these training scenes. Sounds like 50 shades meets The Handmaids Tale. The synopsis states that clearly. It sounds like a romance to me from the first sentence so i will not be reading this ever probbably. To the people who look at the stars and wish, Rhys." But what, it took her being useful for people to care? Your analysis of Rhysand is spot on and absolute perfection! It was one of the cringiest and most hilarious things Ive ever read in my life, so probably? TRUTH. The insecurity and self doubt he had felt in that period of time has been more destructive than any other part of his life. Are you seriously telling me Nesta cant make that? does lazarbeam have a wife; Books. i'm not saying that what he did was ok. it wasn't a great choice. Woonsocket Police Report, I am not saying Rhys did not have a right to be mad, he 100% did. Thats how every other power-hungry maniac justified conquest! p. 97: Fae females get their period only twice a year? I will accept nothing beside that in book 2. Nesta confesses she resisted Tamlin's glamour and remembers everything that happened. p. 550: Of course she intuitively knows how to use the harp. I fell in love with Feyre and Rhysand and Im just sad that their characters fall a little flat this book. This is not romantic, but egoistic! I would love to know! I feel like SJM didnt do Feyre or Rhysand justice in ACOSF, Scan this QR code to download the app now. Also, at least Rhys is still sane enough to not want to be High King! He might be the only at least semi-normal person in the Inner Circle. Why? p. 328: I love how Cassian kept watch by Nestas bed. Just my thoughts! Which Piece Of Velcro Goes Where, Mor does not hate Nesta, but despises her for her attitude towards Cassian. Nesta is kinda nasty when she first meets Rhysand and her now-fae sister. when do nesta and cassian become mates. p. 577: Im so confused. p. 467: Yes, Nesta, get mad at these idiots! And then a court of mist and fury came and he was an abusive, misogynistic asshole and after that we started second guessing everything we had previously found great about him to try and understand how we had so completely missed the signs. yes!! p. 207: Why is everyone so bent on fixing Nesta? (And, in all honesty, I think Nesta and Azriel would be much better suited for one another than Nesta and Cassian. -It gets to a point where they literally take naps together because the weight of his wings are a staple in their sleeping process On the bed. So read at your own risk! Also, can someone please explain why they are killing each other in the first place? I mean, Nesta couldnt even manage walking down 100 steps a few months ago. He meets Feyre when he saves her from three faeries at Calanmai. Please dont spoil anything for me!!!! "I just couldn't think of anything else to say." In fact, Nesta is probably gonna use her fancy powers to save them, to make the family happy once and for all . 2. Rhysand (pronounced Ree-sand) is the most powerful High Lord in history and the current ruler of the Night Court, alongside Feyre Archeron. (Edit: And no, Im not using bad language here didnt you read the chapter where Sarah thoroughly explained the difference between fucking and love-making? p. 385: Im not gonna lie Im kind of enjoying this post almost-death reunion. p. 501: Of course you count, Nesta! . Cassian sees Nesta's face, a mask of pure terror, her body surrounded in silver fire. She took several deep breaths to calm herself. Tamlin was born in the Spring Court, the youngest of the three sons of the High Lord of the Spring Court and his mate. Look I know that Rhys was supposed to act like a bad person in those scenes but he touches Feyre without her permission which is weird, disgusting and triggering,even for the person he was Under The . Its gonna be the big moment in this relationship. The reason why I love Nesta is because her character is very complex. I can't wait to see what kind of sob story SJM will spin out. Now onto Rhysand. p. 658: What kind of idiotic ritual is this? I think its amazing you can read something like this and just laugh at it . I'm not sure what happened between the transition from A Court of Thorns and Roses and this book, but somewhere in my mind, seeing Tamlin and Rhysand . Unless otherwise stated, featured cover images are from Goodreads and graphics were made with Canva. He is incredibly handsome and appears to be arrogant, careless, and cold at first. Why is Rhys so mean to Nesta and so Forgiving to Elain? It's a site that collects all the most frequently asked questions and answers, so you don't have to spend hours on searching anywhere else. p. 498: Well, maybe you shouldnt have treated her this horribly. Literally that's what pro-choice is, and Rhysand chooses to not tell Feyre important medical information. Nesta was deemed the villain in the situation for telling Feyre, and she was so scorned for it that Rhysand kicked her out of Velaris, but he himself faced no repercussions. I wasnt expecting that at all, but I kind of like it! There is literally no acceptable reason to hate Feyre. i think he couldn't bear to see her go through more pain, and . Hahahahahaha is this book this bad? Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. In A Court of Silver Flames he and Nesta are revealed to be mates and Cassian confirms hes suspected she was his from the moment he met her, even if she was still human back then. Of course that would have been the first thing Nesta thought of while her sister was in mortal peril. p. 345: Wow, everyone seems so excited that Nesta is okay. Still, as funny as it is, I hope you find a solution that doesnt require too much work. And I bet theyre gonna end up waltzing to this at some point. No matter how much coddling, love or support the IC and rhys give her, feyre will never truly feel loved unless she feels the same from her oldest sister which is why she constantly tries to include her in her things and interact with her even though she gets the cold shoulder. Rhysand growls. p. 326: Okay, why do I get the feeling that Rhys is going to be even more horrible now that he knows what Nestas power is? The hatred has to come from somewhere right? They lived together alongside I WANT TO MARRY HIM!!! p. 317: This whole Merrill business is such unnecessary drama. 5 Jun. p. 723: Nesta loved Cassian when she first laid eyes on him? Rhysand and Azriel come in to handle the situation. p. 235: Why the heck are Rhyss eyes gleaming with pure threat?!? Why would I love Rhysand? I mean, sure, she said in in anger to hurt Feyre, but still. And I think rhysand hates that. Even though mates are supposed to be really rare and all. p. 751: At least it ends with the three sisters and not Cassian pleasuring Nesta against a wall or something. What trauma could the house have? In this house, we hate Rhysand. the twin who always disappears has Nestas personality and he always just hides somewhere and reads. This is Tamlin all over again! It sucks that her acceptance is tied to these two and maybe elain, but that is the reality. Couldnt these tragic backstories have been explored with more nuance and depth? p. 556: So Cassians biggest concern with all this is that Lanthys tried to seduce Nesta? At night, Nesta feels darkness tugging her and screams. ". Finally! At the sound of Cassian's voice and Rhys's darkness, Nesta stops screaming, and falls unconscious. Um, idk? like yea that's the . New users, please check the ABOUT section for rules and FAQ. Cassian refrained from whirling on Rhys and Feyre, demanding to know what the hell they were thinking. Yeah, seriously! Why do I keep getting myself into this? But all jokes aside no yeah she's a terrible person which is why I like her even more since even damaged female MC's with issues deserve a chance for self-reflection and healing, despite how self aggrandizingly toxic they can be sometimes. p. 450: Why do I get the feeling that Narbens going to show up again? When Feyre returned from the Spring Court in ACOWAR, bruh was Nesta not even relieved. Cookie Notice Nesta owns no one an apology. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Haha. To the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered p. 735: Shes giving up her powers for Feyre and the baby? p. 622: I do like that theyre Valkyrie now, but still think its kind of unbelievable that they learned the necessary skills in so little time. Feyre was dancing with Cassian, the two of them carelessly twirling around the dance floor. Feyre could have made an effort with Elain to let Nesta choose her own healing but instead she let her overbearing husband strongarm Nesta into doing what he thought was best for her. p. 619: This friendship between Nesta, Gwyn and Emerie, and Azriel, are quite possibly the only two things about this book I dont find utterly ridiculous. They name the girl after Cassians mother. Tamlin (pronounced: Tam-lin) is a High Fae and High Lord of the Spring Court. Poor house. p. 506: This speech was very nice and all, Cassian, but why did you nearly let Nesta kill herself and be extremely unkind to her before having it? p. 701: So Bellius and his friends made it to the mountain, too, when only twelve people in history have? Someone needed to tell her! So yes, at least you have that now. But threatening to kill the loved one of your wife is not okay, no matter the situation. Which caused everyone to ignore Feyre. Like, is substance abuse funny to you? Nesta and Cassian have 4 kids: the oldest is a girl, the twins and the youngest are boys. This means, when Rhysand comes along, not being a part of Tamlin's manor, she sees hope with him. I think that when she was younger, she made the mistake of "hating" on Feyre for helping their family and saving them from starving. I said so, didnt I? I'll just stay here and practice on my . ! "I hate that question too," Nesta admitted. cc: since some people were wondering why i called rhys from the acotar series | cc: problematic in a previous video, this is my video explaining why i . and our . I mean, some on page representation of an LGBTQ+ relationship is long overdue, but why do all these people have to be paired up with one another?? Honestly, though? I'm excited to see this dynamic in acosf and how sjm executes it. p. 483: Poor Feyre. But hahahahaha, Nestas reason for agreeing to this is priceless . meanwhile, rhysand will literally actively help in killing his fucking mate, and stans will go to bat for him till the day they die. A Court of Thorns and Roses Wiki is a FANDOM Books Community. p. 513: Of course they started fucking like animals on the shore immediately when this conversation was over. I think there's an argument that could be made that Nesta will be ultimately more powerful, but only if she works through her depression/self loathing enough to get to them. That's probably another reason why I like her. Tamlin was so dreamy *sigh*, but Rhysand mysterious drew me to him in just a few pages, like.. men, that was fast. That was HER fault and HER fault only because Rhysand is a fictional character and you can hate him all you want but we have to talk about this. p. 369: Now this is pretty epic! (Edit, after reading everything: I was not wrong. SJM has yet to manage to kill of an important character. She wont have to change for them, just gain acceptance and for me that means the IC and rhys realizing that hating her and putting her down is detrimental to everyone because I doubt that cassian has been truly happy since the war and the same goes for feyre, and that's all because of nesta. For more information, please see our . The Same Stans: WHY DOES RHYS HAVE TO BE A SAINT ALL THE TIME!? p. 467: Ugh, why is Rhys paying Elain flirty compliments now? I don't like him. That makes total sense . Oooh. I really tried to give her a shot but I have the feeling its not getting better. Rhysand arguably takes away Nesta's own autonomy and choices in her living situation and forces her into house arrest under economic coercion and he's supposed to be a feminist? He of all people should know what its like to be used that way! Feyre was never particularly "doted upon"- in fact, Elain was- so it's not out of jealously. p. 547: I want to know what Ataraxia means! Other than having to watch tons of hard fucking, that is. The Night Court goes to help and finds a slaughter in progress. i love to think about the villain and their reasons and points of view. Home | About | Contact | Copyright | Report Content | Privacy | Cookie Policy | Terms & Conditions | Sitemap. But the reason is still blatantly obvious. Why do all the women in SJMs books fall for these sadist, hyper-sexual maniacs? What, is it the size of a walrus or something?? And Im not believing a thing about that babys sex until its born. For centuries, he thought she had died. p. 348: Mother-henning is the perfect description for their behavior. Honestly, I think Nesta is the only member of this family I might actually like. Rhys clinked his glass against mine. She was the good one, and no one can say that's not a viable reason for Nesta to hate her. Jealousy? p. 293: Azriel is possibly the only sane person in this entire series. p. 724: I am so sure Cassian isnt dead. Well, I read it. Open Preview. "Feminist King" Rhysand turns into a power-hungry, control-freaky egomaniac who constantly tells everyone how much sex he is having, lies to his wife about her terminal pregnancy, and threatens to kill off Feyre's sisters. p. 709: Finally, we get to know what Ataraxia means! p. 9: Feyre and Rhys have five houses? LATER!!!!! , p. 331: Why shouldnt anyone tell Feyre? And Feyre, stop excusing Rhyss horrible behavior! Good lord. Also, this shield he has around Feyre is like that horrible car Edward gave Bella in Breaking Dawn Overprotective much? but i think it's also important to remember everything that makes rhysand who he is. And at some point, I think that she realized she was wrong, but thought it was too late to "care" and "atone" for her . p. 593: What? (Edit: Wow, she actually didnt! This post was a rollercoaster and I think it killed all three of my remaining brain cells . p. 489: Why is Feyre so delighted about her mate being an absolute maniac? I would have found it more compelling if Rhys worked to see the good in Nesta before she saw it in herself- I also think it would have made Nesta's bad behavior more heartbreaking. Feyre is acting like Tamlin, which I saw someone else say here as well, and while i understand her reasoning and the fact that Nesta needs that extra intervention, I just dont like how she handles it. But the reason is still blatantly obvious. When Feyre first meets Mor she states that Morrigan is the female counterpart to Rhysand, in terms of incredible beauty. Thats just plain weird. Just becuase it's not palatable to you does not make it any less valid. Did she borrow that name from Philip Pullman or did he borrow it from her? ) And the Nyx part had me in tears, too I mean, maybe hell turn out to be transgender and this is foreshadowing, but seeing that its a Sarah J. Maas book, I highly doubt it. p. 582: Ill have to agree with Cassian here. Stop being such a dick to him, Cassian. That theres a person alive who's opinion matters to her somewhat more than rhysands and that he cant control her even though he tries, even though he believes shes lowly and he's superior to her in general and in feyres eyes. Rhysand then forces Feyre to kiss him later on, under the pretense that he is helping her to escape the villain of the story. But when it comes to the love of one of his best friend it suddenly changes like wtf. Cookie Notice Not when Feyre is everything that Nesta is- and everything Nesta wishes she could be. ! Yeah, what?! I did not read more than the first sentence but was the book good or bad, to you? Its certainly way better than any of the suggestions they made earlier. Mor does not hate Nesta, but despises her for her attitude towards Cassian. But Feyre finds out her own baby can kill her, then has to deal with her immature ass mate threaten to kill her sister for telling her this. p. 690: Feyre letting Nesta hold a bow once is supposed to have made her an expert? Are they insane? Yeah- Well, as family of course! p. 682: This is all awfully convenient. The reason why I love Nesta is because her character is very complex. Also, Rhys offered her kindness?? p. 154: Why do I get the feeling that Nesta is eventually going to become a Valkyrie? He meets Feyre when he saves her from three faeries at Calanmai. p. 558: WHAT?! Timedatectl System Clock Synchronized: No, p. 464: Yes, Nesta Cassian is an old, old dude, and your relationship is plain weird, like all the other ones in these books! In the first half of this book at least she is just acting like a dull side character who happens to be pregnant and happens to say everyone is in danger. Did you think it was as ridiculously funny as I did? Did you like Nesta? p. 529: Yeah, Im shocked Rhys gave her the sword, too. p. 738: Im still furious at Rhys for only liking Nesta now. My own elder sister cares for me, helps me and shows that she is concerned about me everyday. He meets Feyre when he saves her from three faeries at Calanmai. Hes used to just getting rid of people who dont agree with him but knows good and well if he applies the same with nesta, he'd most likely lose his mate and his bestie, and that's why hes tolerating her. p. 214: Slaughtering everyone off is a bit extreme. p. 718: Wait, what?! p. 330: I actually think its really neat that the baby has wings! No two characters (with debate, of course) are more alike than Feyre and Nesta. Rhys eventually finds her and explains his actions, prompting Feyre to accept the mating bond. Hmm I havent read this book yet, so I didnt see the entire review, but I can see you hated it- as you did ToG.
New Businesses Coming To San Antonio 2021, Have Crystal Palace Ever Won The Fa Cup, Articles W