When I woke up this morning, cornea cells were ripped off. However, colloidal silver was quickly abandoned in the early 20th century when antibiotics were discovered and found to be more effective than colloidal silver in the treatment of health conditions and disease (7). Its use asa natural antibiotic continued all the way until the 1940s, whenmodern antibiotics arrived. Its basically the same thing as using respiratory support, and it works speedily, clearing it up within a couple of days. Promotes overall eye health. Antimicrobial potency of colloidal silver compared with antibiotic eye drops. So I first washed with a hot washcloth and then applied colloidal silver drops into my eye, and swabbed my eyelid with a Q-tip soaked in colloidal silver. ], Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator, How the Worlds #1 Best-Selling Colloidal Silver Generator Compares to All the Rest, 7 Good Reasons to Make Your Own High-Quality Colloidal Silver, Clinical Studies: Silver Controls Bacteria and Other Microbes on Contact Lenses. Further, no human data supports consuming colloidal silver to treat or prevent medical conditions like diabetes, cancer, HIV, digestive issues, and other illnesses (8). I hope this answers your question. But it can be a cosmetic concern because it does not go away when you stop taking silver products. But colloidal silver isnt just useful for pink eye, heres some information on how you can keep other types of eye infections and irritation at bay using colloidal silver. You are solely responsible for your health and nutrition choices. Colloidal silver needs to be applied differently for each condition. If your eye infection is persistent, do the above drops/eyewash hour; and take one teaspoon of colloidal silver (or one dropperful) under the tongue, leave for 30 seconds and then swallow. Colloidal silver benefits can be experienced as an antiviral for HIV/AIDS, pneumonia, herpes, shingles and warts. The total silver content is expressed as milligrams of silver per litre of water, or mg/L, which is numerically the same as parts per million (ppm). Silver is also thought to interfere with proteins found within viruses, which may prevent the viruss replication (8, 9, 10). Inflammation is one of the leading drivers of many common diseases. Commercially available colloidal silver solutions vary widely in their production methods, as well as the number and size of their silver particles. Colloidal silver can relieve and cure eye infections like pink eye, conjunctivitis, and sties thanks to its antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory qualities. Colloidal silver generators are electronic appliances designed to produce high-quality silver colloid. Yet, in another animal study designed to determine silver toxicity, researchers performed an experiment in which they also used fairly high concentrations of colloidal silver in the animals eyes and on animal skin. However, colloidal silver drugs that are marketed for oral intake are not legal for sale (1). If the product is inexpensive and characterized as ionic silver, it is not going to have the same effects. Cannot produce silver chloride or unsafe substances you get pure, therapeutic-quality micro-particle colloidal silver every time. Its soothing to scrapes and even helps repair tissue damage from burns. Click the image above to learn more about the Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator that allows you to make high-quality colloidal silver for less than 36 cents a quart, and is so easy to use, even my 88 year old mom uses one! Yet, since thats hard to measure, its best to avoid unnecessary exposure to silver (19). LUMIFY. So yes, I would think that 250ppm is highly concentrated. Readers should verify for themselves, and to their own satisfaction, from other knowledgeable sources such as their doctor, the accuracy and reliability of all reports, ideas, conclusions, comments, and opinions stated herein. Eye Drops. The combination of silver nitrate and sodium sulfadiazine to create SSD cream helped lead to burn recovery in many patients. Now, the most effective method to get the colloidal silver into the lungs is to use a nebulizer. Simply breathe it into yourlungs. You will also stumble upon some well-known health sites that warn consumers about safety concerns. Simply drop two or three drops of colloidal silver into each eye three to four times each day. It simply wontproduce the same benefits that true colloidal silver can. 1998-2023 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All natural FAX Orders: (602) 943-2363 (24 hours a day) Colloidal silver can stimulate healing in your skin and soft tissues. Our community really loves hearing and sharing stories! health information, we will treat all of that information as protected health I never liked the contact solution that I store them in, so I will be storing them in colloidal silver from now on.. It's also sometimes used in an eye drop formula to prevent conjunctivitis in newborns. Dating back to ancient times, silver was also a popular remedy to stop the spread of diseases. Email Sales/Customer Service: sales@thesilveredge.com According to the experienced colloidal silver users below, the answer is a resounding Yes! Lets take a quick look at what colloidal silver users are saying. Im concerned if I use it more than that, that I might use too much and run the risk of argyria or bacteria mutating. As I mentioned, typical health food store prices for colloidal silver can range from $20 to $30 for a tiny, four-ounce bottle. People who wear contact lenses are at a higher risk to eye infections due to the decreased oxygen reaching their corneas, and bacterial or fungal buildup when lenses are not properly cleaned and disinfected. Is colloidal silver safe? From the current research, my take is that colloidal silver may work as a potential antimicrobial agent, but it needs to be used appropriately. Consumption of colloidal silver is associated with many serious health risks, such as argyria, neurological damage, and liver and kidney harm. Note that the numbers in parentheses (1, 2, etc.) Although the National Center for Complimentary and Integrative Health reports that colloidal silver may cause poor absorption of some drugs, including antibiotics and thyroxine, which is used to treat thyroid deficiency, there is limited research proving that these side effects to colloidal silver exist. Numerous case studies have found that silver intake from colloidal silver dietary supplements may lead to argyria (15, 16, 17). Shop Colloidal Silver and read reviews at Walgreens. Colloidal Silver for Dog Ear Infection. !, How to Use Colloidal Silver for Eye Infections and Irritation. I wasn;t given an antibiotic, but something told me that colloidal silver would help. Before the invention of the refrigerator, it was common practice to drop a silver coin into a container of milk as a preservative because silver was known to prevent the growth of algae, bacteria and other undesirable organisms. Again, more research is needed to fully understand the mechanisms and safety of colloidal silver for pink eye, ear infections, and other bacterial or viral issues, but we do know that its a powerful antimicrobial agent that has helped many people treat these conditions. Breanna held the wash cloth on her eye for 20 minutes, when she removed it the swelling was gone and her eye was all cleared up and the problem did not return.. I just started colloidal silver for an ongoing sinus infection that is causing some crusting/discharge from my eyes. However, research suggests that it attaches to proteins on the cell walls of bacteria, damaging their cell membranes (8, 9, 10). And Dale W., wrote to explain how he eliminated eye infections with colloidal silver in his familys kittens: One of the uses that we use colloidal silver for is on our cats. From my experience, colloidal silver works really well to stop an infection. Colloidal silver needs to be applied differently for each condition. Email Tech Support: techsupport@thesilveredge.com This allows nutrients to more easily enter the eyes, supporting the eye's ability to heal any damage, while also aiding in the removal of debris that can cause floaters. Recent studies indicate that colloidal silver benefits warrant it a place in the medicine cabinets of all natural living enthusiasts. $14.95 ($7.48/Fl Oz) But little research has been done to study these health claims. So please dont take this article as being prescriptive in nature. Read more about the health benefits of colloidal silver. Styes can be filled with pus and can cause red and painful swelling, depending on their location, and can last several days before they burst and heal. Safe for adults, children, and pets. For a comprehensive overview, you may want to obtain a copy of The Ultimate Colloidal Silver Manual (547 pages, from Life & Health Research Group, LLC, 1-888-846-9029). The FDA considers colloidal silver unsafe due to its many side effects if taken orally, but its approved for topical use. Copyright 2021 | Life & Health Research Group, LLC | PO Box 1239 | Peoria AZ 85380-1239 | All rights reserved. Considering the risks and lack of proven benefits, its best to avoid consuming all colloidal silver products. You are most at risk of argyria if youre taking a silver-containing dietary supplement or work in a job that exposes you to large amounts of silver (14). Colloidal silver is a controversial alternative medicine. Pink Eye can be either viral or bacterial, and can easily spread through hand-to-eye contact, or as is believed by modern medicine viral conjunctivitis might even be spread through sneezing and coughing. $ 13.95 Sulfur/Silver Eye Drops soften the membranes of the eye and makes them more permeable. Its easy to see that many people are successfully clearing up their painful styes with colloidal silver used with careful moderation. Tech Support: (760) 253-2988 (M-F 9am to 5pm CA time) DMSO for cataracts is most often used at 10%-30% in colloidal silver, applied 2-3 times a day, and can be used in conjunction with castor oil eye drops at night. In fact, the FDA deemed that all over-the-counter products that contain colloidal silver ingredients or silver salts are not generally recognized as safe or effective (1, 2). Even then, its benefits are widely debated (1, 13). Proponents of colloidal silver claim that it can prevent, cure, and treat many diseases and ailments. Colloidal silver is a solution of water containing nanometre-sized particles of suspended silver. According to a review published in Environmental Health Perspectives, this is a controversial topic that has contenders on both sides. True colloidal silverconsists of microscopic particles of pure silver suspended in the liquid base. It has been reported to rapidly subdue inflammation and promote faster healing. On the other hand, castor oil is great for dissolving cataracts but doesnt work so well in healing an eye infection, and may prolong the infection. https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/colloidal-silver. Self-treatment is not recommended. (14254) $8.99 Buy on Amazon Sale Bestseller No. However, this product is still commonly sold as a dietary supplement (1, 2). Viral conjunctivitis may even spread through sneezing and coughing. Our website services, content, and products are for informational purposes only. I have Silver Wings 500PPM. 1 Boiron Arnicare Gel for Soothing Relief of Joint. Colloidal silver is a solution of water containing nanometre-sized particles of suspended silver. Ultimately, any colloidal silver product intended for oral use isnt safe or recommended. I have come across several people who swear that colloidal silver - when used as eye drops 1-2 drops 3 to 4 times a day- quickly healed their conjunctivitis or sty, or reduced the severity of pharyngitis when gargled in water. To date, no research supports the use of oral colloidal silver in the prevention, treatment, or cure of any health condition or disease. Is colloidal silver 30 ppm safe to use? What is Colloidal Silver Used For? Well, I didnt think he had that much time before he would have serious vision problems so I offered the colloidal silver. A prescription antibiotic kills on average, 6 different disease organisms, but colloidal silver is known to kill over 650 diseases without any harmful side effects or toxicity. Premium Colloidal Silver 40ppm 300mL Free Spray Bottle to Fill & Ebook Included Optimal Concentration Formula, Smaller Particles, Better Results Laboratory Certified Liquid Silver. I am happy to report that I have been able to keep them in all day with no issues. Box 84910 Before that, a stye can be filled with pus and cause a red and painful swelling depending on its location. Some of the symptoms of blepharitis are: watery, red eyes, a burning or stinging sensation in the eyes, itchy eyelids, crusting, eyelid greasy and sticking, sensitivity to light and even loss of eyelashes. Due to their ability to incite oxidation and cell damage, they may also harm healthy human cells (8, 9, 11, 12). Our modern drugs have become limited in their efficacy when it comes to fighting bronchitis or pneumonia symptoms. This is the most effective type of colloidal silver. Ingesting colloidal silver puts you at risk of argyria, a condition that turns your skin bluish gray and is usually permanent. Some claim these products can improve your immune system and fight bacteria and viruses. Please do not call with medical questions. Put a couple drops of colloidal silver into each infected eye every hour. Some happy colloidal silver users have even reported wonderful results easing their pets eye infections and injuries with colloidal silver. Do infrared saunas have any health benefits? Typically, colloidal silver products are sold as homeopathic remedies. Many common eye infections will clear up on its own, but it usually take days, with a lot of pain and discomfort. . Did you know colloidal silver can be used safely in the eyes to help heal eye infections? This allows silver ions to pass into bacterial cells, where they interfere with metabolic processes and damage DNA, leading to the cells death (8, 9, 10). Typically, antibiotics are administered as the first line of defense, but when the pneumonia is viral, antibiotics wont help in the least. A 2016 study conducted at the University of Michigan found that when oral doses of silver nanoparticles were administered for 28 days, it did not alter the structure or diversity of the animal gut microbiome. To date, the only effective use of colloidal silver in humans is topical application to wounds and burns. The savings are absolutely astonishing! Drinking cherry juice for gout is a popular home remedy to treat current flare-ups and prevent future ones. Many of the above conditions can also be linked to contact lens use, usually caused by germs being introduced to the lens before putting the lens in the eye. Studies indicate that colloidal silver can act as a viable alternative to traditional anti-fungal treatments for various Candida-related conditions. This is a particularly safe brand that we trust and have received positive feedback:Sovereign Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol for Immune Support (10ppm). Young, PhD, author of the bestselling book The pH Miracle, colloidal silver works wonderfully for both eye and ear problems. information submitted for this request. Start using the MSM Silver eye drops and my eyes healed fast . information and will only use or disclose that information as set forth in our notice of Colloidal silver products are often marketed as dietary supplements to take by mouth. Have You Used Colloidal Silver to Help Heal Eye Infections? 1 Wellness Solutions All Natural Ear & Eye Drops 2 oz Dropper Bottle Vegan and Gluten Free! That said, take a look at these first-hand accounts from people who have successfully used colloidal silver to help heal eye infections and irritation, and without harm. Natural remedies for depression: Are they effective? It then enters the cell and binds with the pathogens DNA, stopping them from being able to replicate. Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science, Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development, Mayo Clinic on Incontinence - Mayo Clinic Press, NEW Mayo Clinic on High Blood Pressure - Mayo Clinic Press, Mayo Clinic on Hearing and Balance - Mayo Clinic Press, FREE Mayo Clinic Diet Assessment - Mayo Clinic Press, Mayo Clinic Health Letter - FREE book - Mayo Clinic Press, Financial Assistance Documents Minnesota, Alternative cancer treatments: 11 options to consider. The first group was treated with a solution of colloidal silver and beta glucan, and the second group with saline solution. This supports findings in previous studies that silver effectively inhibits the . https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/1999/08/17/99-21253/over-the-counter-drug-products-containing-colloidal-silver-ingredients-or-silver-salts. Reducing Painful Styes Using Colloidal Silver. The researchers wrote: In acute eye irritation and corrosion study, no mortality and toxic signs were observed when various doses of colloidal AgNPs were instilled in guinea pig eyes during 72 hr observation period. Youre environmentally exposed to extremely small amounts of silver every day. Case in point: Researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) studied the effects of inflammation after being treated by colloidal silver, and they found that the inflamed skin of pigs treated with silver experienced near-normal skin after 72 hours, while other treatment groups not treated with silver remained inflamed. (7). Argyria does not typically cause a major health problem. Silver has been used for at least six thousand years to prevent microbial infections. Natural Medicines. You can see the study, here. Here are 10 supplements that can reduce inflammation, backed by science. Steve Barwick, author The most common is argyria, a bluish-gray discoloration of the skin, which is usually permanent. When applied on the infected eye, the tiny silver colloids are used to pick up the infected cells by attracting them electromagnetically and sending them into the bloodstream to be eliminated. It is vastly different from the more popular form of silver-based dietary supplement products known as colloidal silver, which is silver particles in suspension. When an eye infection invades the eyes tear glands, it can result in an inflammatory condition and block the eyes tear drainage. I first heard of using colloidal silver to combat eye infections and irritation from Dr. James Balch, M.D., author of the bestselling book Prescriptions for Nutritional Healing. The colloidal silver actually even gives it a numbing effect for those who have ripped cells off of their cornea. Surprise Yourself with Refreshingly Delicious Pomegranate Juice. Witch hazel is widely known for easing inflammation and soothing sensitive skin, but this powerful remedy has more to offer. In addition to contact lens use, eye irritation caused by allergy flare-ups from seasonal changes, dust, pollen, and dander can cause a whole host of eye issues, including itching, burning, excessive tears, light sensitivity, redness, eyelid and surrounding eye-tissue swelling, and more. This can lead to a blue-gray tint on your skin, eyes, organs, nails and gums. Accessed Sept. 14, 2022. Colloidal silver can be used for prompt action against this irritating and highly infectious virus and bacteria under the care of your doctor. information is beneficial, we may combine your email and website usage information with If those studies carry over to human use, it would seem theres no problem with using small amounts of colloidal silver in the eyes for short periods of time, as several of the doctors mentioned earlier have recommended.
Cody Haden Church Net Worth, Articles C