CHF-11s is a good fluid. Most models produced prior to 1989 have had their systems filled with DEX II transmission fluid. CHF 7.1, CHF11S, and CHF202 are are high performance hydraulic fluids formulated for central hydraulic systems such as power steering, rear axle steering, level control, hydro-pneumatic suspension, and shock absorbers. My N54 does not have a sticker on the reservoir, so I use ATF. Compatible with CHF 202. We offer CHF11S, and Liqui Moly Central Hydraulic System Oil: 1 Liter Pentosin. I also opted to replace my fluid with CHF 202 mostly because of availability and compatibility. Pentosin Transmission and Power Steering Service Kits feature high performance Pentosin transmission or hydraulic fluid - in the correct quantity per application - plus genuine Rein OE replacement parts like transmission pans or power steering reservoirs, gaskets and seals, bolts, and more - everything needed for a complete fluid change on many . This item can be returned in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt. aggregates. I does luvs me some world-wide innerwebz. Volvo P2 cars dont use Dexron III as far as I know. Power Steering Fluid Pentosin - CHF202 - 30741424 - 112998. you need to use fluid part # 1161540 or trans fluid Mobil 3306 or the equivalent. If its compatible with CHF 11s it should say it right on it. by MoVolvos 13 Aug 2019, 21:08, Post http://www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1160, http://www.pentosin.net/specsheets/Pentosin_CHF_11S.pdf, http://www.pentosin.net/specsheets/Pentosin_CHF_202.pdf, http://www.pentosin.net/pressreleases/CRP_101_Fluid_Guide.pdf. #1. Some of the other German fluids do, they meet the engineering specification, politely provided by Saaboeme, Current: 2006 Saab Sportcombi, 2005 Saab 9-3 Linear, 2018 Silverado. Bottle Pentosin 1405116 CHF 11S Long-Life Synthetic Hydraulic Fluid for Audi, Bentley, BMW, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Porsche, Saab, Volkswagen, Volvo, and More; 1 Liter I buy it in 5 liter jugs, at about $13/liter because my Mercedes uses CHF-11s for the suspension as well as the power steering. You can then add more fluid incrementally until reaching an acceptable level between min and max. 30294 Views 17 Replies 11 Participants Last post by Cosmicflash, Dec 20, 2009. Two other manufactures makes identical products. Your input through the steering wheel combined with a pulley driven power steering pump assists in the movement of the steering rack via hydraulic pressure. While out in a remote area driving back roads, it happened to me with the PS system on my Van which has the TDI engine and PS pump. Our products must not be used in aircraft/spacecraft or parts thereof. Systolic heart failure. Saves the users consent status for cookies on the current domain. I use the Fuchs CHFIIS in my V70, no problems. Please register or login to enable Dark Mode. When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Pentosin CHF 202 is especially designed for tops, etc. RAVENOL Power Steering Fluid.More items. I am in the same boat looking for power steering fluid for my 2013 S60. Synthetic power steering fluid is a non-oil-based fluid thats created in a lab. The sticker is meant to cover the cap markings. Saves the users consent status for analytics cookies on the current domain. It is suitable for all extreme ambient. The Halfords Central Hydraulic Fluid (CHF) is suitable for use where CHF 11S is recommended. If somebody can post the procedure it'd be great. ID Parts sells Pentosin CHF-202. Our products are subject to continuous further development. Pentosin CHF 11S is especially designed for hydraulics in the automotive industry with the highest technical requirements such as in: power steering, level control, shock absorber, hydro-pneumatic suspension, stability and traction control, hydraulics for convertible tops, central lock systems, etc. ATF and regular power steering fluid can get dissolved gas (aerated, entrained air, choose your terms) and the hydraulic hammer that this leads to causes shock waves as pressure limiter valve on pump pops open at full lock and when steering effort is high. This was a fluid that had similar properties to transmission fluid and it was yellow. Save. The older power steering systems are pretty simple. Pentosin CHF 202 is especially designed for hydraulics in the automotive industry with the highest technical requirements such as: power steering, clutch hydraulic, electro-hydraulic mechanisms of convertible tops, etc. Direct Replacement. The markings on the cap have you confused. . Details about 3 Liters Power Steering Hydraulic Pump Fluid CHF 202 Synthetic Pentosin CHF202 See original listing. I just flushed my power steering system (2004 TDI), and decided to use Pentison CHF 202 as the replacement fluid. Manage Preferences - 202 has a touch more silicone anti-foam as specified by VAG. Both fluids meet the same quality level (ISO 7308). Pretty sure they connot be mixed with other P/S fluids or ATF. The cars that utilized active steering or hydraulic suspension had CHF11S specified. Used to check if the user's browser supports cookies (Google Ads). Good information. The cap (without the sticker) is used on other BMW models that use Dexron for the power steering. 11s is fully synthetic and 202 is partially synthetic. The only time CHF11s will be used prior to this is when the vehicle is fitted with hydraulic suspension. These two fluids are interchangeable and can be mixed. Depending on the year, the Volvo XC60 manual says something like "Power steering fluid WSS M2C204-A2 or equivalent product." The most common product that meets this specification is Pentosin CHF 11S or CHF 202. Thanks again to all who contributed, http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-69329-shell-spirax-s4-atf-hdx-formerly-donax-tx-superior-quality-automatic-transmission-fluid.aspx, (You must log in or sign up to post here. Mar 16, 2019. A good time to do this is if you have leaking hoses, and you will be replacing them all along with the reservoir. Which Febi fluid is an alternative to CHF-202 or VW G 000 004 M2 specifically? central hydraulic fluidCHF stands for central hydraulic fluid and when BMW uses it, its because the power steering pump is also driving hydraulic systems on the car besides just the steering gear. Full Name: Terry H Phillips. Both your ATF and power steering fluid are hydraulic fluids and your power steering system is a hydraulic system like your transmission system. No warranty expressed or implied is given concerning the properties of the product or its suitability for any given application. BMW cars since 1990 will need Pentosin CHF-11S, while older ones will require CHF7. All rights reserved. If you need green CHF-11S type fluid, a cheap and reliable way to go is "Prestone European power steering fluid" about 7 bucks for a small bottle. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Yes, exactly but without the sticker. Have you thought about flushing the system with p/steering fluid that is readily available to you? Free Call: Australia - 1800 1800 13 or NZ - 0800 382 476, Quality Certifications & Corporate Policies, Automotive lubricants / Central and Mobile Hydraulic Oils. G 004 000 M2 / 000 043 206 56 / LR003401. You must log in or register to reply here. Id really like to know what these European mechanical twins to US vehicles specify for their power steering fluid. ***However, CHF11S or CHF202 can be substituted for CHF7.1 as an upgrade if the system is flushed and refilled. 1. Pentosin CHF 202 is a synthetic high performance hydraulic fluid for life-time application in modern vehicle aggregates. I thought that FuchsSilkolene had an equivalent product. orders or contact requests with the ad. Registers a unique ID used for generating statistical data about how visitors use the website. BMW has been using that powersteering oil reservoir since the mid-80s so theyve just put a sticker over the cap. Read somewhere the pentosin fluid is for cars with cold weather package. Specifically developed for automotive industry hydraulics wit the highest technical standards. We therefore recommend that you consult a FUCHS Group application engineer to discuss application conditions and the performance criteria of the products before the products are used. I tried searching for this but couldn't find any threads that helped. Your email address will not be published. A condition in which the heart has trouble pumping blood through the body. Don't worry very few of these cars made it the USA. Johnsens Power Steering Fluid. You must disconnect all of the hoses from the steering rack or gear and drain the fluid into a container. Your email address will not be published. Use the CHF-11S. The power steering clearly specs CHF 11. This unique system spawned a new era of hydraulic power steering fluids, a mineral based (OE Part Number A0E 041 020 10 or CHF 7.1) hydraulic steering fluid in the early 1980s, later a synthetic based fluid (Audi/VW Quality Specification TL 52 146.00, Audi OE Part Number G 002 000 A2 or CHF11s) in the 1990s and now the fully synthetic fluid (OE Part Number G 004 000 M2 or CHF 202) in the mid . It is suitable for all extreme ambient temperatures and guarantees full performance from -40C to 130C system temperature. I thought VW used the CHF-11S? Most models produced between 1989 and 2005 can use CHF11S. 0. Your email address will not be published. The CHF 11s data sheet does not list Audi, which is strange, since my Audi requires that fluid. My local NAPA has that fluid for $16/liter. Left-sided heart failure is the most common type of heart failure. Power steering pumps naturally rely on having enough fluid to function, so it is critical the . Insufficient savings to bother with. 264. It is suitable for all extreme conditions and . It is suitable for all from -40C to over 130C system temperature. It consists of a steering rack, some pressure hoses for the transfer of pressurized fluid, a pump that pressurizes the fluid and a reservoir to be able to monitor the fluid condition and level. Contains information about the ads clicked to be able to measure successes, e.g. If your car had Active Steering, hydraulic suspension, or was is 2006 or newer you most likely have CHF11S in your power steering system. I usually just suck the reservoir dry 3 times every 30K miles or so on my other cars, and most of the fluid is replaced that way. Diastolic heart failure. We offer a quality ATF DEX III fluid here: 1 LiterTop Tec ATF 1200 (1 Liter) - Liqui Moly. I would stick with it. Today with the advancement in technology we have 2 easily compatible fluids. Volvo part number 30741424 is CHF 202. MPN. What difference does it make if you never go outside a certain temp range? CHF is Central Hydraulic Fluid (I believe). This does not apply if the products can be removed again before the components are fitted in an aircraft/spacecraft. Pentosin CHF 11S is a synthetic high performance hydraulic fluid for lifetime application in modern vehicle aggregates. This unique system spawned a new era of hydraulic power steering fluids, a mineral based (OE Part Number A0E 041 020 10 or CHF 7.1) hydraulic steering fluid in the early 1980s, later a synthetic based fluid (VW Quality Specification TL 52 146.00, VW OE Part Number G 002 000 A2 or CHF11s) in the 1990s and now the fully synthetic fluid (OE Part Number G 004 000 M2 or CHF 202) in the mid to late . FREE delivery. Today, I'd like to speak about the range of 90's BMWs that use Pentosin CHF-11S, which is a distinctive bright green color. With the super long lines on this car (plus a cooler), and the possible incompatibility issue, it has to be a flush on this car. But I thought I read a thread on here that had several people stating that some n54s used ATF, some Pentosin. If you tried to buy that stuff, it would probably cost as much or more This is the kinda stuff that makes you want to ring the neck of the guy who must have poured over spec sheets until he found the most obscure fluid he could come up with before designing a system around it. The CHF 202 data sheet lists VW. The performance of our products can be influenced by a series of factors, especially the specific use, the method of application, the operational environment, component pretreatment, possible external contamination, etc. Especially designed for hydraulics in the automotive industry with highest technical requirements. ID Parts sells Pentosin CHF-202. TITAN CHF 202 (Formerly PENTOSIN CHF 202) Product dyeing: green. Oh you say your hoses are not leaking? If the fluid is below the MIN line, remove the cap (or leave the dipstick out) and add power steering fluid in small amounts, checking the level after each time. To accept the use of all cookie types, click Accept. If there are certain cookies that you do not want to use when visiting our website or if you want further information about cookies, choose the Settings option. . They are completely compatible with each other. In this way, power and manual steering racks function the same. These two fluids are interchangeable and can be mixed. SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. The guy at the NAPA counter showed me a compatibility table that says that CHF 202 works for the 2003 Jetta. Volvo changed to Pentosin in late 90's due to steering shudder and pipe rattling noise from power steering lines. Well, it depends on who you ask and what your vehicle calls for. You may receive a partial or no refund on used, damaged or materially different returns. (See 92saturnsl2's post above) Does not apply. Saab says you can use GM power steering fluid in place of CHF11S in an emergency. After a few years circa 2002 Volvo decided to change the fluid to CHF202. No need to overthink it and start playing around with ATF substitutes if Volvo wanted you to use ATF theyd have put it in the manual and be hawking it to you for the same price as CHFIIS in a Volvo branded bottle.
Beaumont High School Football Tickets, Where Was A Wife's Nightmare Filmed, Darrin Vincent Daughter, Articles C